Moving to my new location at 5416 Main Street was a heck of a lot of work. (My husband never wants to do it again!!) And now that I am settled in, I couldn't be happier. Main Street in Williamsville is a very exciting place to be. There are many locally owned small businesses and so many wonderful "happenings" going on. There's a Farmer's Market every Saturday morning, Music on Main on Thursday nights and different events throughout the summer. Check out www.willvill.com for all of the events in Williamsville. Come visit TeaLeafs and walk Main Street. It's a wonderful way to spend some time enjoying Buffalo's summer.
With all of the excitement of moving, I never stopped taste testing new teas. I am very happy to have added a few new loose leaf teas to TeaLeafs wall of teas.
· Blackberry- An absolutely wonderful Black Tea with a fresh Blackberry taste. Unbelievable hot or iced.
· Earl Grey Mandarin- A high grown Ceylon Tea with Bergamot and Mandarin.
· Mandarin Black Puerh- One of the things you'll notice about this tea when you brew it is the absence of the heavy musty flavor characteristic of traditional Puerh. The character is still there but layered beneath sweet notes of citrus; the result of being packed in the Mandarin Orange before fermentation.
· Paradiso Peach- An Herb & Fruit Infusion that is bold and bright with Peach and Fruit. Slightly tart with some natural sweetness.
· Pomegranate Grape- A Caffeine Free Rooibos with a fruity and fresh sparkling taste.
· Vanilla Jasmine- A lovely tea with an aromatic and complex melding of Black and Green Teas. The Vanilla and Jasmine pair beautifully together for a delightful cup.
I also had the opportunity to visit the Savannah Bee Company in Savannah, Georgia and after tasting all of their wonderful honeys, I added Orange Blossom (which will enhance the flavor of tea) and Tea Honey (which will sweeten the tea) to my current honey selections. They are perfect for honey lovers. In addition to putting honey in your tea, try taking some fresh lime juice and mixing it with honey and pouring it over cut pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries and whatever else you want to throw in. It is refreshing, healthy and terrific tasting!
Many of you have purchased a Libre and enjoy the convenience of having your hot tea or iced tea stay hot or cold. I recently added a larger size for those of you who need to have more tea with you. I also have the "Tea Roadie" in stock which is a traveling tea press made of durable "BPA free" plastic. The double walled construction of the vessel efficiently insulates your hands from the hot liquid inside as it works to keep your tea warm for hours. The spout seal is dripless when closed and the steeping process can be completely stopped by pushing the plunger all the way down. It comes apart for easy cleaning and is dishwasher safe.
Very sturdy and large 18oz. mugs in addition to Whistling Tea Kettles, 20 ounce, 30 ounce and 46 ounce Teapots with infusers, and Tea Nest' (an infuser that fits in a solid wood holder made from hardwoods that have been harvested in Pennsylvania) are also new to TeaLeafs. I also added candles that burn 80-100 hours and are poured into glass teapots that can be used after the candle is gone. Wonderful scents and a most unique item.
All of us at TeaLeafs have the hard job of taste testing everything that I bring into the store. We found a wonderful gluten-free, peanut free, no hydrogenated oils, artificial colors or flavors, high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, trans fats, dairy, corn or soy, Kosher certified cookies that taste great!!! They will be arriving shortly.
I hope to see you at my new location and for your convenience, there is parking available in the back of the store. Take Reist Street to West Spring Street and pull in the first driveway. TeaLeafs is straight ahead and to your right. TeaLeafs also has free WiFi if you'd like to sit, relax and enjoy a hot cup or iced cup of freshly brewed tea to go. You can follow me on facebook (please "like" the page) at www.facebook.com/tealeafswny and check out TeaLeafs website at www.tealeafswny.com.
As always, I want to thank you for your continued support and friendship.
Stay warm, safe and continue to drink good tea.
With warm regards,